Thursday, March 06, 2008

Jordan's Whale


Jordan's Whale
Originally uploaded by runawaypenguin
How cute is this whale? You have no idea how excited I am about knitting this chart. I've been kicking around the idea of a blue sweater with an orange whale since my very first attempt at colorwork (it was this tiny scrap). The orange is an aggressive color, so I've inserted a purple "W" to help bridge the gap between the deep blue and the bright orange. I haven't brought this in to Webs yet, so I'm not sure if the shade will be right, but if it seems off I think I'll go for either a green or a light blue.

I've solicited through Ravelry and found a knitter willing to send me a scrap to use for the eye, which is fantastic because buying an entire ball of yarn for that single stitch would be absolutely ridiculous.

I've already knit the back of the sweater up past the bottom of the sleeve join, and I'm a little concerned that it will be gigantic when it's finished. I'm making the 30" circumference size, and Jordan is only turning two, but he's on the tall side. The family lives in a warm climate so he'll have quite a while before he needs a sweater again. Besides, 3 year olds can wear whales, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I added you to the Association of Smith Alum Blogs. (http://smithalumblogs.wordpress.com)

You're not an alum yet... BUT YOU WILL BE SOON!

xoxo,
Sarah

ps. If you don't want to be on it, let me know, I'll take you down.

Rachel said...

That sounds great! Thanks! Sending you a note on Facebook.