Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hostas


dscn2022
Originally uploaded by runawaypenguin
My apologies for the total silence over the last however-many days, I've been dealing with figuring out a new city, getting a job, and finding an apartment. As you can imagine, time for knitting (and blogging) has been virtually nonexistent. I've made significant progress on all three counts, but I expect updates to be fairly infrequent for a while.

One of the last things I did at home was help with a major installation of plants at my parents' house, following a design I submitted for class in the fall semester. This is a shot of one of the plantings, and I can't wait to see what it looks like when the hostas are established enough to be divided. Before this project I was never a fan of hostas, but once I started looking through the catalog at Bridgewood Gardens I was hooked. I love watering these guys, I felt like I could see them getting stronger every day. If the only thing that comes to mind when you hear the word "hosta" is a boring green plant next to somebody's driveway, take a look over at the Bridgewood Gardens website. You might be surprised.

No comments: